Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ilya gordon <gr...@iggroup.org> on 2004/10/15 15:53:11 UTC

[users@httpd] FileDescriptor limit on Solaris.

I am hosting a large number of <VirtualHosts> on one Apache instance. My
OS is Solaris 2.5 and Apache version is 2.0.52

I have a hint I am running into the known problem of hard limit of open
file handles under Solaris. I believe its 256. I am seeing some of the
behaivor described under
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/descriptors.html#solaris

Does anybody know if 2.0.52 still recognizes -DHIGH_SLACK_LINE=256 as a
compilation argument.

I can't find anywhere in the code that references this option.

Thanks

My problem:

The .conf file works with 251 Listen directives but if I have more then
251, I get an "unknown resolver error" at startup.

Thanks
--
ilya gordon
groups@iggroup.org