Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by 束舞 康 <me...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2011/09/15 13:42:44 UTC

Question about chukwa stop

Dear all,
I have succesfully configured the chukwa in Ubuntu 9,but I cannot stop the process correctly. I find that the /bin/chukwa stop the process by " kill -1 `cat ${CHUKWA_PID_DIR}/$PID.pid`",and I wonder if that "kill -1" is an error in this command, for there is no "kill -1" in manual of kill.

Thanks for replying soon.

Best wishes!

Fandy

Re: Question about chukwa stop

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
It probably should use kill `cat ${CHUKWA_PID}/$PID.pid` instead of -1.  Chukwa trunk has this updated to use -TERM.  I recommend to use trunk instead of Chukwa 0.4.  Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric

Question about chukwa stop