Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Travis Graham <t...@tgraham.us> on 2013/08/29 23:05:22 UTC

Virtual Router creation fails

I just setup a new CentOS 6.4 instance with KVM and Advanced Networking. I was able to spin up the CPVM and SSVM without any problems but when trying to spin up the first instance things kept failing miserably.

After a bit of trial and error all signs finally pointed at the VRVM failing to spin up because modifyvlan.sh was barfing out on the vconfig command not being found. After I installed that package I was able to spin up the VRVM without any problems.

I can't find any reference to that package needing to be installed manually in the docs and I'm not sure if that's something that's done when adding a new KVM host to a cluster or not.

I did a minimal install of CentOS, so I'm not sure if vconfig is a package that's installed in a non minimal CentOS install or not. Is there anyone else out there who's ran into this or am I missing some steps somewhere?

If this smells like a bug I can file that but my searches for this problem hasn't resulted in any results.

Travis

Re: Virtual Router creation fails

Posted by Travis Graham <t...@tgraham.us>.
CS 4.1.1 and it's in the vconfig package.

I'll open a bug when I can get to a computer.

Thanks Marty.

Travis

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Travis,