Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Readman, Devon" <De...@moh.gov.on.ca> on 2004/02/02 15:31:56 UTC

Embedded Carriage Returns Ignored

I have carriage returns that show up within my xml source but when that text
block gets tranformed to pdf through fop they are removed ---

So:
i)point one
ii)point two

Becomes:
i)point one ii)point two

Is there an attribute/tag that tells fop NOT to ignore these carriage
returns
and allow them to show up in the pdf output?

Thanks.
Devon

Re: Embedded Carriage Returns Ignored

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Readman, Devon wrote:

> I have carriage returns that show up within my xml source but when that text
> block gets tranformed to pdf through fop they are removed ---
>
> So:
> i)point one
> ii)point two
>
> Becomes:
> i)point one ii)point two
>
> Is there an attribute/tag that tells fop NOT to ignore these carriage
> returns
> and allow them to show up in the pdf output?

This is a FAQ. Have a look at:

http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#fo-preformat

Chris