Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Sam Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com> on 2016/06/22 05:55:15 UTC

Myraid Slack

Guys,
Do we have Slack for Myraid?

Regards ,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Sam Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com>.
Gotcha Zachary. Appreciate for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Zachary Jaffee <zi...@case.edu>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Well if anyone still wants to chat I'm here:
https://hangouts.google.com/call/nymmvb2lmbbsnbzpibijl5xmoue
Darin

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Still no luck

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
nope - hanging in "Requesting to join" :(

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
no luck joining so far

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you can post the link?  Maybe mine is old.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.
I am on

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Klaus Ma <kl...@hotmail.com>.
Could you help to send an invitation or google calendar link?

----

Da (Klaus), Ma (??), PMP(r)| Advisory Software Engineer
Platform DCOS Development & Support, STG, IBM GCG
+86-10-8245 4084 | madaxa@cn.ibm.com | http://k82.me

<http://k82.me/>
________________________________

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Ran Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com>.
Hi Darin,
Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sam

在 6/29/16, 3:32 AM, "Darin Johnson" <db...@gmail.com> 写入:

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Sam, I think he meant he'd like others to tell you about their
experiences.  So I'll call chime in.  I haven't run myriad in true
production, but am running a number of production jobs on it to determine
it's characteristics.  Most of my PRs are in direct observation to that.
At this point it's been pretty stable for me, but there's a few quirks
regarding very short lived tasks (sub 5 sec map tasks) not consuming mesos
resources fast enough to be effectively using the cluster which I commented
on in a previous email to the list.  I've got several outstanding jiras I'm
still working on.

If you're thinking of running it on a 1000 node cluster, I'd strongly
suggest you start testing it on your workloads.  You'll also either need to
have someone who contributes code back to the project or use a vendor who's
willing to do so on your behalf.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Ran Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com>.
Hi Swapnil,

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sam,

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Sam Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com>.
Hi Swapnil,

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Swapnil Daingade <sw...@gmail.com>.

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Sam Chen <rc...@linkernetworks.com>.
Hi Darin,
Thanks for you reply. Makes sense to use Slack. Btw, we are going to use Myriad in production, any company have capability to support this ? And is there any reference in production ?

Re: Myraid Slack

Posted by Darin Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
Sam,