Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com> on 2008/05/04 00:47:46 UTC

Quick straw poll: OSGi support

Downloading OSGi packages with dependency and version meta-data, using that
in the build, and creating packages that contain the right OSGi meta-data
and can be used for deployment and runtime.

I'm wondering if this is something we should put as a priority for the next
major release, 1.4:

+1 Yes, please, the sooner the better.
0 Don't care either way.
-1 No, we have better things to do.

Assaf

Re: Quick straw poll: OSGi support

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.
+1

--
-Shane

Re: Quick straw poll: OSGi support

Posted by Victor Hugo Borja <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1 OSGi looks interesting.

--
vic

Quaerendo invenietis.

Re: Quick straw poll: OSGi support

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Assaf Arkin <ar...@intalio.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Not sure if this was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but I'd personally go
> with
> > native OSGi support at first.   I don't know how many years it will take
> > before a majority of Java installations are migrated to Java 7.    If
> Sun's
> > module system is really compatible with OSGi, then we shouldn't have to
> > worry.
>
> Sun just likes to reinvent things, but if they're doing OSGi
> compatibility,
> that just means a few more places where you could use OSGi bundles, and
> one
> less "different model" to worry about.

Ok, then we're on the same page.

alex