Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sagar Khetkade <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/07/07 07:00:26 UTC

Query on the updation of synonym and stopword file.

Hello All,

I was figuring out the issue with the synonym.txt and stopword.txt files being updated on regular interval.
Here in my case  I am updating the synonym.txt and stopword.txt files as the synonym and stop word dictionary is update. I am facing a problem here that even after the core reload and re-indexing the documents the new updated synonym or stop words are not loaded. Seems so the filters are not aware that these files are updated so the solution to me is to restart the whole container in which I have embedded the Solr server; it is not feasible in production.
I  came across the discussion with subject “ synonyms.txt file updated frequently” in which Grant had a view to write a new logic in SynonymFilterFactory which would take care of this issue.  Is there any possible solution to this or is this the solution.
Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Sagar Khetkade

Missed any of the IPL matches ? Catch a recap of all the action on MSN Videos
http://msnvideos.in/iplt20/msnvideoplayer.aspx

RE: Query on the updation of synonym and stopword file.

Posted by Sagar Khetkade <sa...@hotmail.com>.
I am using Solr1.3 version..

http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/

Re: Query on the updation of synonym and stopword file.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
Sagar,