Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Armaz Mellati <ar...@uninett.no> on 2003/09/26 11:15:36 UTC

RE: [Portal] Content Management within a portal? (Jetseed vs Cocoon)

Hi

Your problem looks kind of like what I have been doing. I have also allready
made a Portal, but it is not as dynamic and flexible as I wanted it to be. I
have also realized that it is much better in the long term to base your
product on an allready exsisting plattform/framework to reduce the
maintaince and developement costs.
What I wonder is which one of those two I should base my next version of
Portal on. Jetspeed or Cocoon's portal engine. As I have understood,
Jetspeed can use Cocoon for the content management while itself takes care
of the user managemnet stuff.
Has any body any experince with any of those two ?

And thanks to all you Cocoon makers :)
Armaz Mellati