Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2006/07/27 12:21:56 UTC

Legal related things to do before James 2.3.0 Release

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Just a reminder. Before we release JAMES v2.3, we're going to
> have to do some non-technical changes. We have to update the
> source headers, notice files, etc.

I just updated the license headers for all files included in our trunk.

I also updated the NOTICE file to include hte new copyrigth statement
and link to all the softwares we redistribute.

We probably have to add a LICENSE file for each library in our root and
we are done: can anyone confirm this? Have we really to add 10 LICENSE
files in our root folder?? Maybe we can update the NOTICE text saying to
look in the licenses folder and add all the licenses files there?

Stefano

Re: Legal related things to do before James 2.3.0 Release

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
An additional note: if I understood it correctly ASF require this update
only for releases done after "1 september 2006" and active branches at
that time.

As we'll hopefully cut the 2.3.0 release before that date we could
probably skip this update for the 2.3 branch.

Stefano