Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by e e <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/11 17:36:02 UTC

tomcat startup directory - causing problems

I have a servlet that works without any problems if i
run the Tomcat startup.sh script from the directory
where the main class of the servlet is
(webapps/etc/WEB-INF/classes) However, if I run the
startup.sh
script from the tomcat-home directory
(/usr/local/tomcat/bin), I get the error below when
trying to access the page. I tried explicity adding
the directory where
the class is to the system classpath ENV, but that
didn't work.

Anyone know what's going on here?
TIA.

(I'm not subscribed to the list - please cc me with
any response - thanks)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getLocalName()Ljava/lang/String; not found
 at
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.importNode(Compiled
Code)
 at vvs.Releases.makePage(Compiled Code)
 at PressReleases.service(Compiled Code)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.InvokerServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled
Code)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled
Code)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Multipart and mod_jk

Posted by AC <sm...@lisea.com>.
I've got a servlet that use the O'Reilly package to manage multipart
request. If I use mod_jserv everything works fine. Once I use mod_jk the
same servlet fails!!!

Any solutions??

andrea