Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Deso Kule <th...@hotmail.com> on 2005/04/30 06:40:31 UTC

Adding users through JSP

Is there a way to add users directely through a web page. For example, using
JSP or other server side languages for that matter, to add a user who has
just registered online, and have their mailbox automatically availlable. By
"automatically" I mean that I wouldn't have to "manually" telnet through the
command line or other programs to add the user.

Thanks,

Kule

Re: Adding users through JSP

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
> Is there a way to add users directely through a web page. For
> example, using JSP or other server side languages for that
> matter, to add a user who has just registered online, and
> have their mailbox automatically availlable. By
> "automatically" I mean that I wouldn't have to "manually"
> telnet through the command line or other programs to add the user.

If you are on the same host as the server you probably can write directly in
the user db.

If you use a JDBCUserRepository you can even use the same jdbc query you
find in sqlResources.xml

Stefano