Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Slaven Rezic <sr...@iconmobile.com> on 2004/12/20 14:19:28 UTC

rt links need authentification

Seen on the page
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.html, e.g.
http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=29018

Is it possible to use a non-auth link instead?

Regards,
	Slaven

--
Slaven Rezic > Development
iconmobile GmbH > Methfesselstr. 32-36 > D-10965 Berlin

Re: rt links need authentification

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Robert Spier wrote:
>>AFAIK it's an RT problem. Even if you go to the home page
>>http://rt.perl.org/perlbug/ and enter a ticket in a window suggesting
>>that this is a guest access, it'll still ask you for a password. I've
>>CC'ed Robert, who's the right person to ask about this.
>

> Less of an RT problem, more of, "It's very hard to use Basic Auth and
> guest access" at the same URL without some black magic.

Robert, it doesn't have to be the same URL. Just add a simple new link on
each bug page, [This is a guest access link], so the next time we need to
link to a bug we will just use that link instead.

Besides I couldn't find what link I should use to that guest access link.

> I just made a tweak to the perlbug form so it might work now.  If you
> look at the source of that page, you'll see an obvious
> username/password.  (Please don't post it though.  I know.. silly me.)

How is it going to help users who try to follow a link from an external
documentation? could I embed it in a URL?

> On my list is to develop a fast, clean, read-only, unauthenticated, RT
> frontend.  But tuits are in short supply.

No problem, Robert. I just remember that the anon access did work at some
times but not at the others, so I've assumed that this is one of those
times when this doesn't work :)

Thanks for doing a great job, Robert.

Re: rt links need authentification

Posted by Robert Spier <rs...@pobox.com>.
> AFAIK it's an RT problem. Even if you go to the home page
> http://rt.perl.org/perlbug/ and enter a ticket in a window suggesting
> that this is a guest access, it'll still ask you for a password. I've
> CC'ed Robert, who's the right person to ask about this.

Less of an RT problem, more of, "It's very hard to use Basic Auth and
guest access" at the same URL without some black magic.

I just made a tweak to the perlbug form so it might work now.  If you
look at the source of that page, you'll see an obvious
username/password.  (Please don't post it though.  I know.. silly me.)

On my list is to develop a fast, clean, read-only, unauthenticated, RT
frontend.  But tuits are in short supply.

-R

Re: rt links need authentification

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.