Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Marru, Suresh" <sm...@iu.edu> on 2020/12/02 19:37:01 UTC

Re: Designing a data catalog for Airavata Data Lake

Thank you Isuru for starting this discussion and pointers to Magda. I am evaluating Clowder Framework (https://github.com/clowder-framework/clowder) and Apache Atlas (https://github.com/apache/atlas). So far I feel Atlas might be a better fit but will post some detailed analysis and comparison soon.

Suresh

On Nov 25, 2020, at 5:53 PM, Isuru Ranawaka <ir...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

I am working on developing a  data catalog for Airavata Data Lake. I have found an open source data catalog magda<https://magda.io/>  which might be useful for us to consider to integrate with Airavata Data Lake. Please provide any feedback or experience  you have on it.

In addition, I have done some brainstorming to identify  data catalog  scope and what kind of metadata to be stored[1]. Feel free to add comments and raise questions on it.

thanks
Isuru

[1]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3E2SwnqmVQxoXKtrDJMHDyP2jT-AAwhr8cdj7kF7MY/edit?usp=sharing

--