Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jasonor <a4...@fmr.com> on 2013/08/01 16:04:50 UTC

Multicast Memory HeapSize issue

Hi, i have quite a simple route which uses a <split> and a <multicast>
along the lines of ....
<split>
	<simple>${body}</simple>
	<bean ref="aBean" method="doA" />
	<multicast>
		<to uri="seda:createX" id="sedaCreateX" />
		<to uri="seda:createY" id="sedaCreateZ" />
	</multicast>
</split>

I'm seeing HeapSize filling up,
Diving into the heapsize more i see a large object array of type of type
org.apache.camel.processor.MulticastProcessor$DafaultProcessorExchangePair
which looks to be consistent with the size and volumes of messages going
through the route.

Has anyone encountered the likes of this before? I'm wondering is there an
'end' missing?

Appreciate the help,
Jason

Re: Multicast Memory HeapSize issue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Streaming is a good idea to use if you do not need to know the total
size in advance. As with streaming the splitting is done in an
iterated fashion, where as non streaming the iteration is done on a
list (eg to know the total size)

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM, jasonor <a4...@fmr.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus, thanks for the response.
>
> The payload size here is quite small here ~30k so i didn't streaming was the
> issue. Is there a ball park size where streaming should be enabled?
>
> I'm wondering is there something that is keeping these messages active/not
> eligible for garbage collection. The size of MulticastProcessor is in the
> thousands that that's what's filling up the heap. I've seen an 'end' marker
> on some examples, am i missing something as simple as that?
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Multicast Memory HeapSize issue

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
If you body is big that you are splitting, then you can consider using
streaming mode on the splitterl

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM, jasonor <a4...@fmr.com> wrote:
> Hi, i have quite a simple route which uses a <split> and a <multicast>
> along the lines of ....
> <split>
>         <simple>${body}</simple>
>         <bean ref="aBean" method="doA" />
>         <multicast>
>                 <to uri="seda:createX" id="sedaCreateX" />
>                 <to uri="seda:createY" id="sedaCreateZ" />
>         </multicast>
> </split>
>
> I'm seeing HeapSize filling up,
> Diving into the heapsize more i see a large object array of type of type
> org.apache.camel.processor.MulticastProcessor$DafaultProcessorExchangePair
> which looks to be consistent with the size and volumes of messages going
> through the route.
>
> Has anyone encountered the likes of this before? I'm wondering is there an
> 'end' missing?
>
> Appreciate the help,
> Jason

Claus Ibsen