Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2009/07/31 15:04:12 UTC

Re: Limiting facets for huge data - setting indexed=false in schema.xml

On Jul 31, 2009, at 7:17 AM, Rahul R wrote:

> Erik,
> I understand that caching is going to improve performance. Infact we
> did a
> PSR run with caches enabled and we got awesome results. But these
> wouldn't
> be really representative because the PSR scripts will be doing the
> same
> searches again and again. These would be cached and there would be
> virtually
> no evictions. This is not a practical case.

I don't understand how this is not practical.  Why wouldn't having the
caches warmed and filled with the facets be practical for your needs?

	Erik

Re: Limiting facets for huge data - setting indexed=false in schema.xml

Posted by Rahul R <ra...@gmail.com>.
We are using 1.3.0. Thanks for the suggestion. Will see if I can try one of
the ngihtly builds.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Rahul R <ra...@gmail.com>.