Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by fr...@apache.org on 2002/02/09 20:18:28 UTC

cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/simplestore/lib jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

froehlich    02/02/09 11:18:28

  Added:       simplestore/lib jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
  Log:
  JDBC2.0 extension API, it's needed in persitence sample

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.1                  jakarta-commons-sandbox/simplestore/lib/jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

  	<<Binary file>>

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/simplestore/lib jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Craig,

>From: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
>
>This file needs to be removed from CVS, and your build process changed.
>
>The Jakarta PMC and the Apache Board are currently in a process of
>removing checked-in JAR files for which the license to do so disallows it,
>and that includes this one.  The problem is that checking it in to CVS
>makes the file available for individual download -- in violation of the
>redistribution requirements of the license.
>
>It is acceptable to make your build process dependent upon JARs like this
>(Tomcat uses this one too).  It is acceptable to ship this particular
>JAR as part of a distribution (Tomcat does that as well).  It's not
>acceptable to check it in.

Dumb question, but do I have to remove the entry in the build.properties.sample
too??

  ~Gerhard

"A man with one watch knows what time it is,
a man with two watches is never sure...
(Albert Einstein)"

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-commons-sandbox/simplestore/lib jdbc2_0-stdext.jar

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Autsch that was bad...removed!

I'm sorry...

  ~Gerhard

"The most important question when any new
computer architecture is introduced is 'So what?'"

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.