Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/09/20 17:57:54 UTC

RE: Enviroment variables

Only JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME need to be declared.

Many people are using JK, others are using JK2 (default in 4.1.10), others
are using WARP (webapp).  The choice is up to you, it depends on what you
want to do.

I have posted some RedHat HOWTOs, they may be of some help:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

John

which is the best linux dist. for tomcat?

Posted by "Patricio Vera S." <pa...@yahoo.es>.
    Hello again,

    I have installed Tomcat on Red Hat Linux but my security area says "the
best linux distribution is Debian", I don't know Debian, but thinking in the
best execution of Tomcat, which is the best?

    Other data :

    . I run servlets and JSP over Apache HTTP.

Saludos,
Patricio Vera S.