Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org> on 2017/04/16 11:46:40 UTC

closeQuietly() for stream try/catch

In cases of code like this when closing a stream:

    finally {
      try {
        sampleStream.close();
      } catch (IOException e) {
        // sorry that this can fail
      }
    }

I thought it might be a bit cleaner looking to replace the empty try/catch
with Apache Commons IO's IOUtils.closeQuietly(). I noticed that the Apache
Commons IO dependency's scope is currently set to <scope>test</scope>. If
you agree that the code change would be cleaner, is there any problem with
changing that dependency to a compile dependency instead of test?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: closeQuietly() for stream try/catch

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
That makes sense. Thanks!

On Apr 16, 2017 8:58 AM, "William Colen" <co...@apache.org> wrote:

We try to avoid external dependencies, including Apache Commons.

Take a look if it is possible to use try-with-resources statement.

Thank you,
William

Posted by William Colen <co...@apache.org>.