Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/05 13:02:54 UTC

splashscreen docs

Hi folks,

I am much confused by these docs:

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.2.0/config_ref_images.md.html#Icons%20and%20Splash%20Screens

They say I have to push my splashscreens in
$project/www/res/screens/ios.
But "cordova build ios" doesn't update the splash screens in
$project/platforms/ios/$myproject/Resources/splash.

Now later I read I have to copy the files:

ios/screen-iphone-landscape-2x.png
ios/screen-iphone-landscape.png
ios/screen-iphone-portrait-2x.png
ios/screen-iphone-portrait.png
ios/screen-iphone-portrait-568h-2x.png

to my iOS project's Resources/splash with different names.

Why should I keep them in my dev folder then? I would have expected
Cordova deals for me with that.

Thanks
Christian

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: splashscreen docs

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Awesome! Hopefully that will ease the pain for other devs.

Re: splashscreen docs

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrew.

I have added a comment how I worked around this. Maybe it helps!

On 5 Dec 2013, at 15:46, Andrew Grieve wrote:

> Hmm, I think that documentation page is just flat out wrong. I've
> filed
> this as:

> The cordova command line tools unfortunately don't have support for
> splash
> screens and icons. These are tracked as CB-2606 and CB-3571
> respectively.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out! It's certainly an overdue feature so
> hopefully we can address it soon.
>

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am much confused by these docs:
>>
>> http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.2.0/config_ref_
>> images.md.html#Icons%20and%20Splash%20Screens
>>
>> They say I have to push my splashscreens in
>> $project/www/res/screens/ios.
>> But "cordova build ios" doesn't update the splash screens in
>> $project/platforms/ios/$myproject/Resources/splash.
>>
>> Now later I read I have to copy the files:
>>
>> ios/screen-iphone-landscape-2x.png
>> ios/screen-iphone-landscape.png
>> ios/screen-iphone-portrait-2x.png
>> ios/screen-iphone-portrait.png
>> ios/screen-iphone-portrait-568h-2x.png
>>
>> to my iOS project's Resources/splash with different names.
>>
>> Why should I keep them in my dev folder then? I would have expected
>> Cordova deals for me with that.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Christian
>>

>> ---