Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2020/07/03 06:57:28 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Drop connectors for 5.x and restart the flink es source connector

The discussion on dropping the ES5 connector was not conclusive, when we
discussed it in February 2020. We wanted to revisit it for the 1.12 release.

From maven central, we have the following download numbers
ES2: 500 downloads
ES5: 10500 downloads (the es5_2.10:1.3.1 had 8000 downloads last month. I
there's a CI system or something downloading all these)
ES6: 4200 downloads
ES7: 1800 downloads

For 1.10.0 we had the following numbers:
ES5: 500
ES6: 525
ES7: 840

Based on these numbers, I would advise against removing the ES5 connector
for the 1.12 release.