Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ashwin Basagouda Patil <as...@robosoftin.com> on 2008/02/22 09:39:17 UTC

[users@httpd] expat module

Dear All,

How I can configure the apache 2.8 with the expat module ?

Thanks
Ashwin Patil

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe. However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or virus.

RE: [users@httpd] expat module

Posted by "O'DELL, TODD E (ATTOPS)" <to...@att.com>.
Ashmin,
As has been mentioned expat has been included for some time. What OS are
you on? I had some issues with AIX 5.3 where it used to work to set
--with-expat=`pwd`/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat

However configure didn't 'see' it at all. Then I tried
with-expat=builtin that would see it and compile but it would be missing
symbols at runtime. Finally I built expat 2.0.1 separately with
enable-shared no-static and that seems to work. The enable-shared by
itself didn't work as I'd be missing symbols at runtime as before.

Todd

Re: [users@httpd] expat module

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Ashwin  Basagouda Patil
<as...@robosoftin.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>  How I can configure the apache 2.8 with the expat module ?

There is no apache 2.8.

Expat is included with all apache versions since 2.0. What exactly do
you want to do with it?

Joshua.