Posted to axis-cvs@ws.apache.org by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2006/10/09 05:49:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r454186 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: codegen/src/org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/emitter/AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter.java kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/DescriptionBuilder.java

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 18:31 +0000, davidillsley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: davidillsley
> Date: Sun Oct  8 11:30:59 2006
> New Revision: 454186

> Log:
> Fix for AXIS2-1327
>
> Modify AxisServiceBasedMultiLanguageEmitter to reduce the chance of an empty action being generated
> Modify DescriptionBuilder to ignore empty actions read from a configuration file

I understand the problem you're trying to solve but its legitimate to
have an empty SOAPAction header. I'm not sure about wsa:Action; can that
be empty?

Since we use the same property for both will this break the empty
SOAPAction case?

Can't we fix the codegen to do the right thing and avoid this problem
entirely?

Sanjiva.

Posted by David Illsley <da...@apache.org>.
wsa:Action cannot be empty.

Yes, this code will mean that a non-empty SOAPAction is sent even when
one hasn't been set in the WSDL - though I thought that was the
current behaviour anyway. (I see a lot of urn:OperationName style
SOAPActions that I don't know where they came from)

In order to get round the problem of using the same property on the
client side Brian added the
org.apache.axis2.Constants.DISABLE_SOAP_ACTION property which can be
set on the Options object and which will cause the SOAPAction to be
sent as "" (per BP 1.1).

We could modify codegen to add the setting of that property on the
stub if the SOAPAction from the wsdl is "" or unspecified. How does
that sound to you?

David

Posted by David Illsley <da...@apache.org>.
wsa:Action cannot be empty.