Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by "Hans J. Prueller" <ha...@gmx.net> on 2008/01/31 21:52:47 UTC

major performance improvements between 0.9.7 and 1.0.X ?

hi there,

we introduced usage of OpenJPA within our web application some time ago
with OpenJPA 0.9.7. Basically
the version is very stable and we did not upgrade up to now. Meanwhile
we extended usage of OpenJPA and
run into some performance issues ... just to know whether we should put
effort into upgrading:

are there any significant performance improvements of the OpenJPA engine
between 0.9.7 and the current 1.0.X version?

thanks in advance!

hans

Re: major performance improvements between 0.9.7 and 1.0.X ?

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Hans,
We did have several performance improvements in the 0.9.7 release, but we
are continually looking at ways to improve the performance of OpenJPA
(reference OPENJPA-407).  So, I'm sure that the performance of 1.0.x is
better than 0.9.7, but I can't pinpoint any specific updates or
percentages.  Are there specific areas that indicate "performance issues"?

Thanks,
Kevin