Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org> on 2010/09/11 22:18:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release JAMES IMAP 0.1

Hi all,

its a long time since we started to work on the imap code for james. I
think now its time to cut the first release a.k.a 0.1.

This release includes also the new mailbox api for james. This
includes the following implementations:
 * JPA
 * Torque (deprecated)
 * JCR
 * Maildir
 * InMemory.

This is one of the last missing pieces for cutting a milestone for
james server too.

So please review and cast your vote:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-013/

[ ] +1 Please release the artifacts
[ ] +0 No time for review
[ ] -1 Something is wrong or we are not ready for a release yet.

Bye,
Norman

R: Re: [VOTE] Release JAMES IMAP 0.1

Posted by vi...@gocloud.it.
+1
Vincenzo
Inviato dal dispositivo wireless BlackBerry®

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Norman <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim-Christian Mundt <de...@tim-erwin.de>.
Hi,

[ ] +1 Please release the artifacts (non-binding)

We should soon release a new James version in order to get more
attention and developers and feedback. However, I still find it just
logical to split the storage packages from the imap project. Moreover,
before the next final release it is crucial to clean up the
configuration in a way Eric pointed out (unify notation) and make it
simpler.

Tim

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release JAMES IMAP 0.1

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thx for everyone who voted. The VOTE passed with the following result:

+1 Eric, Tim-Christian, Stefano*, Ian, Manuel*, Danny*, Vincenzo*, Robert*

* Binding

I will update the website and publish the release over the weekend.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

:-)

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
+1 (non-binding)
Yes please release the artifacts.
And congratulations on all the hard work, James is really making big steps forward. The new server is looking excellent from a user pov.
Ian

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
2010/9/11 Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>
> its a long time since we started to work on the imap code for james. I
> think now its time to cut the first release a.k.a 0.1.

This is really a great news!

Thank you, Norman, very very much for all you have done for this
release to happen. And thanks to everyone else that donated to the
IMAP project, in random order from my memory: Joakim, Robert,
Tim-Christian, Eric.

Even if I don't use IMAP, I think it is a "must have" for james to
increase its user base!

> So please review and cast your vote:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-013/

[X] +1 Please release the artifacts

I'm really happy with the resulting modularization: mailbox/protocol
separation seems succesfull and having so many store implementations
in the 0.1 release is incredible!

Stefano