Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Steve Cohen <St...@ignitesports.com> on 2001/12/21 15:56:05 UTC

cvs diff behaving badly?

I find this morning that I cannot diff my changes against cvs.
I log in, checkout the very latest source and then I get this:

E:\download\cvs-1.10.8NT\jakarta-ant>..\cvs diff -u
StarTeamCheckout.java > patchfile.txt
cvs server: I know nothing about StarTeamCheckout.java

I also tried the same command from my linux box at home earlier.
No matter what file I attempt to check out I get this message.  This is
not the behavior I saw last week.

Can anyone explain to me what I might be doing wrong or what has
changed?

Thanks.

SCM task

Posted by Igor Shkatov <gr...@mail.ru>.
Hi,

While working on some built tasks, I has faced with the problem that I need
to work with
different source control systems at the same type of operations (in my case
remote libraries retrieval).
As far as I see, the operations available is the same for all source control
systems: check out, check in,
label, history. So I have the idea to combine it all in one SCM task which
takes different implementation
depending on the parameters.

Would the ant developers comment this idea in order to avoid wheel
reinventing.

regards, Igor

Available task and the class methods

Posted by Igor Shkatov <gr...@mail.ru>.
Hi,
I think, that there is a sense to add the methodname attribute to the
Available task to have possibility to check the existence of the specific
method in the class.
In my case it is required to have the possibility to resolve the version
incompatibility before the actual build/test/deployment process occurs.
Is there anyone who thought about this?

regards, Igor