Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2012/01/04 19:53:56 UTC

Start the 2.5.x_fixes branch, trunk to 2.6.0?

Now that 2.5.1 is out, I like to create the 2.5.x_fixes branch and change
trunk to target 2.6.0.   Any objections?   If not, I'll do so tomorrow.

I'd like to start working on a few things for 2.6.x:

1) Individual OSGi bundles (when possible, sent a note about that before).
Will require some minor code refactoring.

2) raw type cleanups.  I'd like to turn back on a couple of the eclipse
warnings, but this requires some cleanup.   A lot of them are things like
changing  "Class foo" to "Class<?> foo" and such, but there are others.  Some
of this MAY have minor updates to public APIs to add the generics.

3) Better OSGi config support - things like the http:jetty stuff, http:conduit
things, etc... should likely be controllable from the OSGi config, not per
application.   I'd like to investigate this a bit.

4) Likely some OSGi based system tests.  Definitely needed.

5) Try to revive/rework the commons-http based async transport from my branch.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Start the 2.5.x_fixes branch, trunk to 2.6.0?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman
On 2012-1-5, at 上午2:53, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Now that 2.5.1 is out, I like to create the 2.5.x_fixes branch and
> change
> trunk to target 2.6.0.   Any objections?   If not, I'll do so
> tomorrow.
>
> I'd like to start working on a few things for 2.6.x:
>
> 1) Individual OSGi bundles (when possible, sent a note about that
> before).
> Will require some minor code refactoring.
>
> 2) raw type cleanups.  I'd like to turn back on a couple of the
> eclipse
> warnings, but this requires some cleanup.   A lot of them are things
> like
> changing  "Class foo" to "Class<?> foo" and such, but there are
> others.  Some
> of this MAY have minor updates to public APIs to add the generics.
>
> 3) Better OSGi config support - things like the http:jetty stuff,
> http:conduit
> things, etc... should likely be controllable from the OSGi config,
> not per
> application.   I'd like to investigate this a bit.
>
> 4) Likely some OSGi based system tests.  Definitely needed.
>
> 5) Try to revive/rework the commons-http based async transport from
> my branch.
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: Start the 2.5.x_fixes branch, trunk to 2.6.0?

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 04/01/12 20:53, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Now that 2.5.1 is out, I like to create the 2.5.x_fixes branch and change
> trunk to target 2.6.0.   Any objections?   If not, I'll do so tomorrow.
>
> I'd like to start working on a few things for 2.6.x:
>
> 1) Individual OSGi bundles (when possible, sent a note about that before).
> Will require some minor code refactoring.
>
> 2) raw type cleanups.  I'd like to turn back on a couple of the eclipse
> warnings, but this requires some cleanup.   A lot of them are things like
> changing  "Class foo" to "Class<?>  foo" and such, but there are others.  Some
> of this MAY have minor updates to public APIs to add the generics.
>
> 3) Better OSGi config support - things like the http:jetty stuff, http:conduit
> things, etc... should likely be controllable from the OSGi config, not per
> application.   I'd like to investigate this a bit.
>
> 4) Likely some OSGi based system tests.  Definitely needed.
>
> 5) Try to revive/rework the commons-http based async transport from my branch.

That should also let me start gradually implementing JAX-RS 2.0, CXF
2.6.0 may have the server part updated, etc...

Cheers, Sergey