Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Moseley <mo...@hank.org> on 2005/10/07 21:24:53 UTC

ALL_TRUSTED (was: Spam increase after "upgrade" to 3.03 on Debian Stable)

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 12:57:10PM -0400, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> If you don't specify trusted_networks or internal_networks, SA tries
> to guess at your network.  It assumes that the first non-private IP
> that it sees is your external mail relay.  If your frontline
> mailserver has a private IP, then the server that is sending to you is
> assumed to be your external relay and is trusted.  The result is that
> all mail that doesn't pass through more than one mail relay before
> getting to you will be marked ALL_TRUSTED.

Not sure I'm following.  You mean the defaults don't work on a mail
server with a public IP and an internal 192.168 net?

I just got this:

    From: Noelle Moran <no...@state.mn.us>
    [...]

    -2.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Did not pass through any untrusted hosts

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org