Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Samuel Le Berrigaud <le...@essi.fr> on 2003/09/10 15:29:59 UTC

Pb with symbolic link

Hi everyone,

I have a problem upgrading my Tomcat from 4.0.6 to 4.1.27.  I had a
symbolic link in a webapp context referencing some place outside this
context, and had no probleme with tomcat 4.0 to access the files under
the referenced folder. I upgraded my tomcat, every thing works fine
except I can no longer access the files of the referenced directory !
Has anyone encontered the same problem ? Is there any solution to access
those files ?

Thanks,

SaM

Re: Pb with symbolic link

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#symlink ??

-Tim

RE: Pb with symbolic link

Posted by "Brandon M. Blank" <bb...@cox.net>.
In your context definition, add the following:

<Resources allowLinking="true"/>

Good Luck!