Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Satrix <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 17:13:03 UTC

Wicket Application on GoDaddy

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy my application on GoDaddy and it works but... let's say
that I've domain that is available under www.domain.com
WAR file name is: warfilename

When the installation is done my application is available under
www.domain.com/warfilename/home
And the question is how to deploy it there to run at www.domain.com/home

When I run my application on my local machine it starts at
www.localhost:8080/home so it looks like the configuration is ok.

My web.xml configuration is:

    <filter>
        <filter-name>wicket.website</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationFactoryClassName</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringWebApplicationFactory</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>configuration</param-name>
            <param-value>deployment</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
            <param-value>sec.website.WicketApplication</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>wicket.website</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

So do you have any idea how can I solve this problem or maybe it a problem
on their side ?

Regards, Satrix

Re: Wicket Application on GoDaddy

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
weird. that always worked for me on tomcat. i suggest you read their
docs about root contexts.

-igor

Posted by Pointbreak <po...@ml1.net>.
You probably have another webapp already mounted as root context (in
your webapps/ROOT). You obviously can't have two webapps under the
root...

Posted by Satrix <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
name your war ROOT.war if you are running on tomcat

-igor

Posted by Satrix <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, You are right about that it's GoDaddy's problem. Their support couldn't
help me with it... But my collegue who's managing this hosting finally did
it.

Re: Wicket Application on GoDaddy

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM, Satrix <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I know that I can redirect all requests but the question is how to
> deploy Java Web App on their hosting because there is something like
> Parallels Panel and you have to upload your WAR file and the files are
> generated (cant edit them by hand).
>
> That's why my application is available under
> www.domain.com/warfilename/home
> My context.xml file in the application has path="" so it should start on
> default path

It's a GoDaddy hosting-related question, not Wicket.  Maybe someone here
has done it before, but as someone upthread mentioned you'll really just
have to search GoDaddy tech docs or contact their support for further help.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com

Re: Wicket Application on GoDaddy

Posted by Satrix <sa...@gmail.com>.

That's why my application is available under www.domain.com/warfilename/home

Posted by anantasthana <an...@gmail.com>.
You will have to set up a redirect through Apache(Not apache tomcat) or IIS
webserver
You can set a virtual redirect which redirects all requests to
mydomain.com/myApp
to mydomain.com:8080/webappName/....

I can not remember the exact configuration but I am sure you will be able to
find them.
If not i can look at my configuration.

here are some URL's to get you started
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/603765/how-do-i-redirect-from-apache-to-tomcat