Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kan Liu <kl...@MIT.EDU> on 2003/06/03 18:24:02 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd hangs after XP update

I installed Apache 2.0.45 on a WinXP Pro machine and it ran beautifully,
until I recently installed some XP pro updates (possibly some recent
security hotfixes or something but i don't remember exactly which ones
now) and ever since apache seems to hang every time i try to access
it...

i've tried accessing through http://localhost, from another machine,
i've tried disabling my firewall, making sure that port 80 is unblocked,
i've upgraded to 2.0.46 but nothing seems to
help.  Everytime i try to access my site, regardless of whether it's
from another machine or from the local machine, it either hangs or
sometimes Internet Explorer will return a cannot find server error.  So
IE will either continue to try connecting to the server indefinitely or
return a server not found error but Netscape just keeps saying
connection refused by server error.  I've checked both the access logs
(it's completely empty like I never tried to access it at all) and error
logs (it's also empty except the normal startup and shutdown notices).
Not sure what the problem is since the server worked so well before...
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Even suggestions for how I can go
about debugging this problem would be great too cuz right now I really
have NO idea what the problem is! Thanks a so much!!!

kan