Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by pof <Me...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/10 04:28:28 UTC

Index Loading

Hello, I have a question regarding indexing loading. My situation is to use
Solr to index an initial ~30K documents with regular updates. I am making a
java app to parse all these docs to plain text and then loading them onto an
xml to POST to Solr. My concern is that creating an xml for each document
and calling the post.jar for each will be I/O costly and if I make an xml
from all the documents will be too massive on disk. Are there any
suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks guys, Brett.

Re: Index Loading

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
use SolrJ ,

try CommonsHttpSolrServer# add(Iterator<SolrInputDocument> docIterator)

method