Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/07 19:30:47 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 6.4.2 released

7 March 2017, Apache Solr 6.4.2 available

Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from
the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text
search, hit highlighting, faceted search and analytics, rich document
parsing, geospatial search, extensive REST APIs as well as parallel SQL.
Solr is enterprise grade, secure and highly scalable, providing fault
tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and
navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.

Solr 6.4.2 is available for immediate download at:

   -

   http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html

Please read CHANGES.txt for a full list of new features and changes:

   -

   https://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_4_2/changes/Changes.html

Solr 6.4.2 contains 4 bug fixes since the 6.4.1 release:

   -

   Serious performance degradation in Solr 6.4 due to the metrics
   collection. IndexWriter metrics collection turned off by default, directory
   level metrics collection completely removed (until a better design is
   found)
   -

   Transaction log replay can hit an NullPointerException due to new
   Metrics code
   -

   NullPointerException in CloudSolrClient when reading stale alias
   -

   UnifiedHighlighter and PostingsHighlighter bug in PrefixQuery and
   TermRangeQuery for multi-byte text

Further details of changes are available in the change log available at:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/6_4_2/changes/Changes.html

Please report any feedback to the mailing lists (
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html)
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network
for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may
not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try
another mirror. This also applies to Maven access.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Solr 6.4.2 released

Posted by Sahil Agarwal <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hey Ishan,

I missed this mail. Sorry for delay in response. I checked again and the
redirection seems to be ok now.

Thanks
Sahil

Posted by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com>.