Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh G <jo...@gfunk007.com> on 2003/12/18 07:31:06 UTC

jsp.error.attribute.unterminated -- WTF?

Hi All, pulling out copious amounts of hair for this one... here's the code:

         <%
                 for (int i = 0; i < sectionNames.length; i++ )  {
         %>

         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_off = new Image();
         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_off.src = "<image:local file="<%=
sectionNames[i]   %>_off.gif" />";
         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_on = new Image();
         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_on.src = "<image:local file="<%=
sectionNames[i] %>_on.gif" />";
         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_hover = new Image();
         <%= sectionNames[i]  %>_hover.src = "<image:local file="<%=
sectionNames[i] %>_hover.gif" />";

         <% } %>

It is in some client-side javascript, and I get a
jsp.error.attribute.unterminated error on a out-of-line-range character on
the first line inside the loop. Uncle google has nothing to say about this,
and I can't even figure out what the error means, let alone trying to
decipher the problem. If I remove the lines inside the loop it works as
expected.

This is driving me totally nuts, any help here _much_ appreciated.

Cheers,
-Josh

          "He likes to run, And then the thing with the.. person..
                ... Oh boy, that monkey is going to pay."

            [ Josh 'G' McDonald ]  --  [ Pirion Systems, Brisbane]

[ 07 3257 0490 ]  --  [ 0415 784 825 ]  --  [ http://www.gfunk007.com/ ]

Re: jsp.error.attribute.unterminated -- WTF?

Posted by Antony Paul <an...@hotmail.com>.
It seems like a custom tag error message. Do u use any custom tags.

Antony Paul

Posted by Josh G <jo...@gfunk007.com>.
At 12:40 AM 19/12/2003, you wrote:

>in the <image: /> tag that your using you have to make sure that its
>descriptor in the tld has rtexprvalue equal to true. for example:
>                 <attribute>
>                         <name>rowsPerPage</name>
>                         <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
>                 </attribute>
>
>and even if it is, i think you may not be able to concatinate with text
>the way you are. try this:
>
><% String temp = sectionNames[i] + "_off.gif"; %>
><image:local file="<%= temp  %>" />
>
>that is i think the attribute has to be either text or an expression,
>not both.
>
>dave

Tried that already, getting the same flamin error, and checking the tld was
the first thing that sprang to mind. Unfiortunately, it's correct, and the
first occurence (where is shows the error) isn't inside a taglib tag at all :(

This is really killing me, _anyone_ out there suffered something similar?

Posted by David Evans <ds...@berndtgroup.net>.