Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Brandes, Wayne" <WB...@air.org> on 2002/09/25 19:12:33 UTC

How to serve zip file from Cocoon?

I am unable to serve zip files from my Cocoon.

> Using Cocoon 2.0.3, Tomcat 4.0.4, JDK 1.3.1, on a Win2K box.  Generally
> working well; I am able to dynamically generate pages from a mysql
> database, serve up gif files and Word files, etc....
>
> However I want users to be able to download a zip file from my server, but
> it is not working.
>
> I have a pipeline that correctly matches the url request, and contains the
> line:
> <map:read mime-type="application/zip" src="documents/mydocument.zip" />

When the url is called a file download dialog box opens in my broswer with
three filenames: "documents", documents.zip", and "IP_Agent.exe".  There are
no files with these names in my actual "documents" folder.  I know a call to
the url causes the sitemap to look at the "documents/mydocument.zip" file
because if I change the name of the file in the sitemap (e.g., to
"mydocuments.zi") I get a "no such path" cocoon error when the url is
called.

> I have done a <mime-mapping> of "zip" with "application/zip" in web.xml,
> to no avail.

I have searched the FAQ and mail list archives and don't find an answer.