Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by "Ryan Ebanks [W2O Digital]" <re...@w2ogroup.com> on 2014/02/13 17:18:16 UTC

Activity Object question

Why is that when I have an Activity object, and do :

Activity object = mapper.readValue(value, Activity.class);
object.getLinks()

getLinks() returns a List<Object> instead of a list of Link Objects defined by http://json-schema.org/links#properties, as the Activity.json schema references.  Shouldn't the object mapper map those to Link objects, and the jsonschema2pojo object create the pojo Link class? Is this working as intended or is this a bug that needs to be fixed?

Ryan Ebanks
Senior Manager, Data Sciences
W2O Digital
3000 E Cesar Chavez St., Suite 300  Austin, Texas  78702
direct 512.402.6364  |  cell 512.773.1098
email rebanks@w2odigital.com<ma...@w2odigital.com>
twitter  ebanksre | linkedin RyanEbanks

Re: Activity Object question

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org>.
I think creating a Link pojo class would make a lot of sense.  We probably
want to match the Activity Streams spec for links [1] though, or at least
use a superset of both the Activity Streams spec for links and the
json-schema links definition if we can.

Best regards,
-Stanton

[1] http://activitystrea.ms/specs/json/schema/activity-schema.html#links