Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by di...@vsnl.com on 2003/05/22 16:52:33 UTC

URGENT: Embedded Xindice with vendor string "xndice-embed"

Dear Friends,

In continuation of our efforts to make
our application work with Xindice embedded
version we have achieved thus so far:

1. We have removed the * servlet mapping of XindiceServlet and
   have also removed the reference of XindiceServlet from
   web.xml

2. We were having a problem with using "xindice" as the "vendor"
   string in the URI for getCollection:

String s = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
            Class class1 = Class.forName(s);
            Database database = (Database)class1.newInstance();
            DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);
            collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice:///db/");

was causing the getCollection call to fail and the collection object was null.

3. On changing the "vendor" string from "xindice" to "xindice-embed"

           collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/");

    the call succeeded.

4. However, now the problem appears to be that we ar not able to  specify the location of the root db using "system.xml" and the collection is being created under the "bin" folder of tomcat (C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18\bin)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Diptendu Dutta