Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ia...@barclayscapital.com on 2012/02/07 18:23:59 UTC

Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Hi All,

Am tearing my hair out trying to find documentation for 1.0. Has it been created yet? If not, does anyone have an idea of when this may be published?

Thanks,

Ian

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.

RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Posted by "Mulcahy, Stephen" <st...@deri.org>.
Hi,

I downloaded and installed hadoop 1.0.0 from tarball just a few days ago and can confirm that the conf directory did exist when I extracted it.

-stephen

--
Stephen Mulcahy, DI2, Digital Enterprise Research Institute,
NUI Galway, IDA Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway, Ireland

Posted by Tim Broberg <Ti...@exar.com>.

Re: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Posted by Tim Broberg <Ti...@exar.com>.
Bad install? I see conf and src directories:

    [tbroberg@san-mothra hadoop]$ tar xzf hadoop-1.0.0.tar.gz
    [tbroberg@san-mothra hadoop]$ ls hadoop-1.0.0
    bin          conf                  hadoop-core-1.0.0.jar      ivy      LICENSE.txt  share
    build.xml    contrib               hadoop-examples-1.0.0.jar  ivy.xml  NOTICE.txt   src
    c++          docs                  hadoop-test-1.0.0.jar      lib      README.txt   webapps
    CHANGES.txt  hadoop-ant-1.0.0.jar  hadoop-tools-1.0.0.jar     libexec  sbin

Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The reason that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases, but not for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

Documentation:

Configuration Files
Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:

1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml and src/mapred/mapred-default.xml.
2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.

Installed Software:

>> DEV $ pwd
/apps/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.0
> [...]

not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by
return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

RE: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Posted by Ia...@barclayscapital.com.
Are the 1.0 docs definitely correct at http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0? The reason that I ask is that it references setup steps that seem valid for the .2* releases, but not for 1.0. For instance the conf directory doesn't exist on my 1.0 install.

Documentation:

Configuration Files
Hadoop configuration is driven by two types of important configuration files:

1.Read-only default configuration - src/core/core-default.xml, src/hdfs/hdfs-default.xml and src/mapred/mapred-default.xml.
2.Site-specific configuration - conf/core-site.xml, conf/hdfs-site.xml and conf/mapred-site.xml.

/apps/hadoop/hadoop-1.0.0

Re: Hadoop 1.0 Install Guide

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.