Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eddie Castelli <ap...@EddieCastelli.com> on 2002/04/09 16:36:32 UTC

Hi to the Apache Community

Dear Apache Community

I'm new to this ML and very, very new to the Apache (a real
Greenhorn) :-)
The primary reason for joining to this ML is that I'm going to Install
the Apache SW on my Notebook along with MySQL and PHP (I guess as many
others) so this will enable me in working and developing *offline* my
Homepage while travelling.
I don't think I gona have so many questions as I'm not an Admin or so
but still hope to participate in one way ore the other. Hope it's ok
for you.

Even though I just joined I like to put up my first question to get
started immediately:
   Someone told me there is an Installation Package including Apache,
   MySQL and PHP. This would be easier to Install and Configure. I
   like to hear your suggestion if this is ok for a beginner or if you
   still suggest to Install all Packages individually. Now that Apache
   v2 has come out I guess it would be wise to Install this one.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day :-)

--
best regards

Eddie

Powered by <The Bat!> eMail Client v1.54 Beta/42 under Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195
PGP (public) key available at: http://www.EddieCastelli.com/pgpkey/

Re: Hi to the Apache Community

Posted by Eddie Castelli <ap...@EddieCastelli.com>.
Dear RuneImp,

 --->>> RuneImp / Mittwoch 10.04.2002, 10:36:50
        Hi to the Apache Community

> I recommend installing Apache then MySQL then PHP then phpMyAdmin
> (this is a life saver) http://www.phpmyadmin.net

Thanks!

Posted by RuneImp <ru...@imptech.net>.
I recommend installing Apache then MySQL then PHP then
phpMyAdmin (this is a life saver)
http://www.phpmyadmin.net

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

Posted by Eddie Castelli <ap...@EddieCastelli.com>.
Dear Steve,

Posted by Steve Leach <sl...@askalix.com>.
Well I think that the oscommerce thing is multi-platform - but again, I have
not heard of a package that installs them all unless it is part of a wider
offering?

Best Regards,

Steve Leach
Network Manager
Mi-Int Limited
Eaglescliffe Logistics Centre
Durham Lane
Egglescliffe
TEL: 01642 356205
e-mail: sleach@askalix.com

Posted by Eddie Castelli <ap...@EddieCastelli.com>.
Dear Steve,

Posted by Steve Leach <sl...@askalix.com>.
Eddie,

It depends what you want to do!
There is an ecommerce package that does a lot with the three products you
mention.....try http://www.oscommerce.com but that is a kind of open source
ecommerce thing.
Not sure about a 3 way installation otherwise....
Luck!