Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID> on 2017/12/01 22:39:05 UTC

[API] Change TSHttpArgs to split reserved indices for TXN and SSN args.

As discussed in issue #2883, based on work in issue #2388, I would like to
split the TXN and SSN plugin argument index reservations. Currently nothing
in the TS code base uses SSN plugin args therefore this change will not
affect any example, production, or experimental plugin provided by the code
base.

Attached is the updated man page based on this change. I have a branch,
https://github.com/solidwallofcode/trafficserver/tree/i-2883 , which has
the code changes on it.

Re: [API] Change TSHttpArgs to split reserved indices for TXN and SSN args.

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID>.
No. This would be a breaking API change for 8.0.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
+1 - It is a good idea to separate them and have it consistent across older and newer APIs.

-Bryan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Alan Carroll <so...@oath.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> As discussed in issue #2883, based on work in issue #2388, I would like to split the TXN and SSN plugin argument index reservations. Currently nothing in the TS code base uses SSN plugin args therefore this change will not affect any example, production, or experimental plugin provided by the code base.
>
> Attached is the updated man page based on this change. I have a branch, https://github.com/solidwallofcode/trafficserver/tree/i-2883 <https://github.com/solidwallofcode/trafficserver/tree/i-2883> , which has the code changes on it.

+1! Make it so #1.

— Leif