Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/09/05 06:51:06 UTC

Re: Release Frequency Experiments

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM, lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Comments? Is that something people appreciate, or are fewer, larger releases better to ease the upgrade pain?
> (but note that versions of 0.94 are - and will be - compatible with each other, so it is possible to skip releases and upgrade to the current one).

More, smaller releases are better IMO.  +1 on 4-6week release cycle.
St.Ack

Re: Release Frequency Experiments

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
With all the versions, we may need to setup some stuff to validate
compatibility -- maybe have old clients step through the paces (do all
admin commands, exercise the apis) to make sure nothing catches fire?

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: Release Frequency Experiments