Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Vivek Singh <vi...@cyborgsys.net> on 2018/12/27 11:11:34 UTC

Storage VM not getting start new setup

Hello Friends,

I am new to cloudstack and from last 2 weeks I am struggling to install
cloudstack using  quick installation procedure
(http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.9/q
ig.html).

I tried all the method that I can google and apply but no luck.

I am using  VM on ESXi  as a management server. I enable promiscuous mode on
ESXi switch. I am using Centos6.10

My ssvm and cosole-proxy VM are not coming up. I'm login through
virt-manager  into both system vm and found their network cards are not up.

I assign static ip and rebooted but all the ip deleted from interfaces after
reboot.

I am attaching log when I started the installation utill I getting the error
message "There is no secondary storage VM for secondary storage host".

I really appreciate any help

Vivek Singh

RE: Storage VM not getting start new setup

Posted by Piotr Pisz <pi...@piszki.pl>.
Hi Vivek,

Your problems are lack of communication in the link-local network.
Check the status of the cloud0 interface, if it is "down", delete it and restart the cloudstack agent.
If this does not help, your configuration is bad.

In my lab I have three node CS cluster as nested KVM (centos 7) in one ESXi.
Network are promiscous trunk, inside kvm trunk, ovs, ceph, keeapalived etc, etc everything works very well.

Regards,
Piotr

--

Andrija Panić

RE: Storage VM not getting start new setup

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Storage VM not getting start new setup

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vivek,

--

Andrija Panić

RE: Storage VM not getting start new setup

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Storage VM not getting start new setup

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vivek,

--

Andrija Panić

RE: Storage VM not getting start new setup

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Storage VM not getting start new setup

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vivek,

--

Andrija Panić