Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Balakumar Narayanasamy <ba...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 14:40:24 UTC

Configuring Virtual Topic for ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Hi,
I am using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 along with spring 1.2.2 framework.

I am using three demon threads which should listen for Topic. I am new to
topic. Kindly help me out in getting started with Topic concepts. I am in
blue now.

These are my requirements:-

1) How to configure Virtual Topic for 4.0.1? (kindly  provide examples if
any)
        Configuration which are given in activemq site, throws bean
initialiazation error while i am starting activeMQ.
2) How to make subscriptions for threads to Configured Virtual Topic?
(Please provide configuration details for spring framework)
        All my queue configuration and thread configuration should go in
spring-config file.

Note:- I have already familiar with message concepts for 4.0.1. I am using
failover protocol along with jenks pooling.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring Virtual Topic for ActiveMQ 4.0.1

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
For durable topic subscriptions in Spring see this example...

http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

then set a subscriptionName on the ActivationSpec

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activation-spec-properties.html

On 9/5/06, Balakumar Narayanasamy <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
>  There is a some configuration such as destination policy in activemq.xml
> for 4.0.1. Whether that would help me in any way to sort out my problem.
>
>  Can i get details of configuring durable subscription for Topic in 4.0.1.
> Kindly provide me any example if you have for spring framework.
>
> 1) How should i configure queue for Topic
> 2) How can i make my threads listen to Topic.
>
> Kindly help me out in getting started with topic with some examples.
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 9/4/06, Balakumar Narayanasamy <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> I am using ActiveMQ 4.0.1 along with spring 1.2.2 framework.
> >>
> >> I am using three demon threads which should listen for Topic. I am new to
> >> topic. Kindly help me out in getting started with Topic concepts. I am in
> >> blue now.
> >>
> >> These are my requirements:-
> >>
> >> 1) How to configure Virtual Topic for 4.0.1? (kindly  provide examples if
> >> any)
> >
> > You can't I'm afraid - they are only available in 4.1
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/new-features-in-41.html
> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------