Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Abley <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 13:31:58 UTC

Re: [m2] jars not being built and deployed during release:perform

James Abley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done three previous release:prepare and release:perform cycles on
> this project, but something seems to have changed and I need a hand
> pin-pointing it.
>
> I have used the maven-release-plugin to prepare a release of my
> multi-module project and that went fine.
>
> When I try to perform the release, I get the message:
>
> [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive
> invocation.
>
> Later in the release:perform, it fails with:
>
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Missing:
> ----------
> 1) com.example.module:module-api:jar:1.5
>
> No surprise it's missing, since for some reason, the jar isn't being built
> and deployed.
>
> Any pointers on what I need to do / specific versions of various plugins
> to use to make this work again?
>
> Cheers,
>
> James

I had a look deeper into this and the output looks like this:

mvn -B release:perform
Executing goals 'deploy site-deploy'...
Executing: mvn deploy site-deploy --no-plugin-updates --batch-mode -P
myprofile -DperformRelease=true
Scanning for projects...
Reactor build order:
  Our Server Build
  Our Server API
  Our Server Core Library
  Our Server third-party adapter one Implementation
  Our Server third-party adapter two Implementation
  Our Server our adapter Implementation
  Our Server UAProfile Implementation
  Our Server HTTP Header Implementation
  Our Server Export
Building Our Server Build
   task-segment: [deploy, site-deploy]
[site:attach-descriptor]
Preparing source:jar
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
[source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
Preparing javadoc:jar
Building Our Server Build
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
Building Our Server API
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
Building Our Server Core Library
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
Building Our Server third-party adapter one Implementation
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
Building Our Server third-party adapter two Implementation
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
No goals needed for project - skipping
Building Our Server our adapter Implementation
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
POM for 'jaxen:jaxen:pom:1.1-beta-4:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored
for artifact resolutio
POM for 'jaxen:jaxen:pom:1.1-beta-4:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored
for artifact resolutio
POM for 'commons-jelly:commons-jelly-tags-xml:pom:20050823.222913:compile'
is invalid. It will be

POM for 'commons-jelly:commons-jelly-tags-xml:pom:20050823.222913:compile'
is invalid. It will be

POM for 'jaxen:jaxen:pom:1.1-beta-4:runtime' is invalid. It will be ignored
for artifact resolutio
POM for 'jaxen:jaxen:pom:1.1-beta-4:runtime' is invalid. It will be ignored
for artifact resolutio
[2-xdoclet2:xdoclet {execution: xdoclet}]
Running org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.HibernateMappingPlugin
  * Generate mapping for 'StatusDTO' entity
  * Generate mapping for 'CapabilityDTO' entity
  * Generate mapping for 'CategoryDTO' entity
Downloading:
http://192.168.1.5/maven/repository/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-core/1.6/ourapp-core-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://192.168.1.5/maven/snapshot-repository/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-core/1.6/ourapp-core-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-core/1.6/ourapp-core-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/com.example.ourapp/jars/ourapp-core-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-core/1.6/ourapp-core-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://192.168.1.5/maven/repository/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-api/1.6/ourapp-api-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://192.168.1.5/maven/snapshot-repository/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-api/1.6/ourapp-api-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-api/1.6/ourapp-api-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://dist.codehaus.org/com.example.ourapp/jars/ourapp-api-1.6.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/example/ourapp/ourapp-api/1.6/ourapp-api-1.6.jar
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-core:jar:1.6

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.example.ourapp
-DartifactId=ourapp-core \
          -Dversion=1.6 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
       1) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-ourprofile:jar:1.6
       2) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-core:jar:1.6

2) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-api:jar:1.6

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.example.ourapp
-DartifactId=ourapp-api \
          -Dversion=1.6 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Path to dependency:
       1) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-ourprofile:jar:1.6
       2) com.example.ourapp:ourapp-api:jar:1.6

----------
2 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  com.example.ourapp:ourapp-ourprofile:jar:1.6

from the specified remote repositories:
  codehaus-legacy (http://dist.codehaus.org),
  our-repository (http://192.168.1.5/maven/repository),
  codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org),
  our-repository.snapshots (http://192.168.1.5/maven/snapshot-repository)

For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
Total time: 9 seconds
Finished at: Wed Oct 03 12:10:32 BST 2007
Final Memory: 12M/78M

If I check out the SCM tagged version that the release:prepare step creates
for me and try doing

mvn deploy site-deploy

I get the same issue.

If I only do

mvn deploy

it works OK and my released version gets deployed as I wish into our local
repositories.

Does anyone know why the site-deploy goal causes the jars not to get built
like this? What further information can I provide which would help you to
diagnose what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

James