Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/09 23:43:39 UTC

1 Connection create 100 sessions subscription 100 topics then >> broker will be crush

i want to tested how many subscription support under on one connection now i
do created 100 producer under one connection . each topic have a one
producer.  for receiver side i also create 100 consumer under one connection
. also echo topic have one consumer to listen the message, but running
around 10 minute the result is broker is crush(out of memory)

more info:
topic type is fanout.  network is 1gb . Server mem:8GB, qpid version:0.5 c++

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
xinfang wrote:
> Thanks, I have used the qpid-stat tools and looked at each queue's speed
> seems the same, and no one is special. And i can see when each queue
> byteDepth size exceeds 51m, then broker crushes.
> so i tired to setup the default queue size to 50MB(qpid default queue limit
> size is 100M), then it works.
>
> i'm just confused that my server's Mem is 8gb ,for qpid 100q * 50M= 5g,  my
> senders need around 10 minutes in order to make queue byteDepth size 50M, so
> i don't know who uses another 3gb mem. for normal situation  when queue
> byteDepth size get to proximate 70M(100q*70=7g) then broker crushes.
>
> another situation  i try to run 200 topic under one connection(sender and
> receiver). if i setup the queue size is 20M then broker also crushes. so i
> trun to setup size to 10M ,after it runs around four hours,its sender
> abrots, and i go to use qpid-stat tools checked the queue info.  every queue
> Depte size is not exceeding 10M , but some queue's byteEnqueue size is large
> (such as 2g) and some queue's byteEnqueue size is small 50M.

Let us know what you find, I have run broker up to about 50g memory
without issues, if it not the OS
out of memory killer shutting the broker down?

Carl.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/12/2009 03:42 AM, xinfang wrote:

> Thanks, I have used the qpid-stat tools and looked at each queue's speed
> seems the same, and no one is special. And i can see when each queue
> byteDepth size exceeds 51m, then broker crushes.
> so i tired to setup the default queue size to 50MB(qpid default queue limit
> size is 100M), then it works.
>
> i'm just confused that my server's Mem is 8gb ,for qpid 100q * 50M= 5g,  my
> senders need around 10 minutes in order to make queue byteDepth size 50M, so
> i don't know who uses another 3gb mem. for normal situation  when queue
> byteDepth size get to proximate 70M(100q*70=7g) then broker crushes.

The headers and other overhead are not included in the size reported
(and measured for queue limits) at present. That can account for some of
the extra memory used. Each connection will also have some buffers
associated with it.

> another situation  i try to run 200 topic under one connection(sender and
> receiver). if i setup the queue size is 20M then broker also crushes. so i
> trun to setup size to 10M ,after it runs around four hours,its sender
> abrots, and i go to use qpid-stat tools checked the queue info.  every queue
> Depte size is not exceeding 10M , but some queue's byteEnqueue size is large
> (such as 2g) and some queue's byteEnqueue size is small 50M.

Your subscriptions are all identical? I.e. they should all match the
exact same set of messages? Are you using any flow control on the
subscribers?

A connection is treated as a single stream as far as the IO is concerned
and its certainly possible that the sender gets to dominate (one
outgoing message may result in 200 incoming messages), so the queue
growth is probably to be expected.

By 'byteEnqueue' do you mean the bytes-in field from qpid-stat? What
size are your messages? Are you using the default management publish
interval?

Posted by xinfang <pc...@gmail.com>.
[...]

Any idea and any advice?

Xinfang