Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/26 18:36:03 UTC

New package management system in Solr

Hi all,
In https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13661, we're discussing
the design of a new package management system for easy discovery,
installation and efficient upgrades of packages (containing Solr
plugins). We presented this at Activate conference this year.

I request your kind review, both design (description has a google doc)
and subsequently code. We have it working and code is checked into the
branches, some supporting pieces are already committed (please feel
free to review those as well).

It would be very helpful for community adoption if we can land this in
a 8x release soon (perhaps even backport to 7x, where a lot of
enterprise users are at, for the sake of greatest adoption).
Thanks and regards,
Ishan