Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by kwark <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 10:43:40 UTC

Shared Filesystem Master Slave not working on 5.0

I'm testing out Shared Filesystem Master Slave on a 5.0 snapshot
(5.0-20071120.092745-1).
However it does not seem to be working.

I start two brokers with different ports but same shared data directory on a
Windows host.
First broker starts up nicely, second broker does not sit in a loop, trying
to grab the lock every 10 seconds , but stops right away with the following
trace:

29-nov-2007 10:33:21 org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService getBroker
INFO: For help or more information please see: http://activemq.apache.org/
29-nov-2007 10:33:21 org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter
start
INFO: AMQStore starting using directory: activemq-data\EDA
java.io.IOException: Control file 'activemq-data\EDA\journal\data-control'
could not be locked.
	at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.async.ControlFile.lock(ControlFile.java:77)
	at
org.apache.activemq.kaha.impl.async.AsyncDataManager.start(AsyncDataManager.java:116)
	at
org.apache.activemq.store.amq.AMQPersistenceAdapter.start(AMQPersistenceAdapter.java:172)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1448)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1400)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:513)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:187)
	at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.addConnector(BrokerService.java:177)
	at be.amaris.eda.EDAManager.startBroker(EDAManager.java:38)
	at be.amaris.eda.EDAManager.main(EDAManager.java:17)

Is this a known issue for 5.0 or should I create a new JIRA issue?

Re: Shared Filesystem Master Slave not working on 5.0

Posted by kwark <pe...@gmail.com>.

Created  https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1507 AMQ-1507

Re: Shared Filesystem Master Slave not working on 5.0

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
please post a jira issue - and attach your configuration

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/