Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by ra...@networks.groupvu.com on 2001/06/04 19:57:22 UTC

New Portal Services landed...

I've just landed in CVS my latest bunch of modifications: a reimplementation of
the org.apache.jetspeed.portal.factory package as services.

We now have 3 services providing this functionality:
- PortletFactory: instanciate and manages the "user" portlets
  You can now desactivate portlet caching if you want...

- PortalToolkit: manages the creation of portal specific objects
  (controls, controllers, skins, sets, etc...)

- PsmlManager: manages the serialization/deserialization of the PSML documents
  into a new PSMLDocument class that acts as a wrapper around the Portlets
  root of the PSML as well as provide some comodity method to manipulate the
  Portlets structure.

I still have one skin-related bug to track but otherwise the change seem to have landed
smoothly (just don't test with JSPs right now because JSP support is broken since the
update of Turbine).

As usual, any extensive testing/bug report is welcome.

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net