Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rp0013 <rp...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 07:09:59 UTC

Memory leaks after prod upgrade of subversion to 1.7.2

We migrated to subversion 1.7.2 today from 1.4.6 and seeing sudden issues with memory

The free memory drops suddenly (24g memory on the box)

We have upgraded only the server and clients are various versions 1.4.6 1.4.2 1.6.9 etc

I saw some mention of memory leaks but this seems like a major issue

We are using

Red hat 5

Apache 2.2

Neon 0.29.6

Apr 1.4.5

Apr util 1.3.12

Surf 1.0.0

Regard,

Rajesh

Sent from my iPad

Re: Memory leaks after prod upgrade of subversion to 1.7.2

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM, Rp0013 <rp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We migrated to subversion 1.7.2 today from 1.4.6 and seeing sudden issues
> with memory
>
> You're using a hand built version? Grab the SRPM from Repoforge, I mostly
wrote and submitted the last few, and the latest patches and spec files are
actually in the pipeline for a new update are at
http://www.github.com/nkadel/ for both 1.7.4 and 1.6.18, both of which now
build on RHEL 4. (Moo-ha-ha!)

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

It would be useful to know what backend you use (FSFS or BDB), what
authn and authz configuration you have, and what is the minimal httpd
config that still reproduces the leak.

Daniel