Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net> on 2008/01/26 03:58:25 UTC

Re: unsubscribe

Post to the unsubscribe address, not the list.

See the headers of any message:

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by mouss <mo...@netoyen.net>.
Raquel wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:26:22 +0100
> mouss <mo...@netoyen.net> wrote:
>

>> Matt Kettler wrote:
>>
>>> Post to the unsubscribe address, not the list.
>>>
>>> See the headers of any message:

>> I wonder if it would be bad to forge an unsubscribe requests in such
>> cases, but I'm not sure they will understand what to do when they
>> get the confirmation request ;-p
>>

> They knew what to do with the subscribe confirmation message.

depends on who is "They" :) Most people do, otherwise we would be
inundated. but few will still post noise.

Starting a fight will benefit to nobody. educating people may help
avoiding noise on other lists (or on the same list should the user
resubscribe).

If only MUAs stop sending their "fancy" html stuff in such cases, a
parser could easily detect such noise and send a confirmation request to
the user...

Re: unsubscribe

Posted by Raquel <ra...@thericehouse.net>.

--