Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/04/17 10:15:43 UTC

[VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Hi All,

We need to have a formal vote to decide if the XML Graphics project and
all sub projects should switch the bug tracking system from Bugzilla to
JIRA. The main benefits of which are:

1. JIRA has a more modern look and feel
2. Infrastructure are not equiped to support Bugzilla anymore as most
Apache projects are based on JIRA. Therefore should be more able to
respond to requests for changes.

The downside is that someone will have to work with infra@ to organize
the import of bugs from BZ to JIRA. We then need to update the website
links to point to JIRA instead of BZ. Glenn Adams has kindly volunteered
to oversee the migration.

Heres my +1

The vote runs until 24th April.

Thanks,

Chris

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm sceptical the cost/rewards add up, but since Glenn has volunteered for
all the hard work, then there're no costs and only rewards :)!!

It'll be an onerous task and the usually a thankless one, so I'll address
the latter by saying thanks Glenn!

+1 from me

Mehdi

Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Chris Bowditch
<bo...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> On 23/04/2012 00:38, Helder Magalhăes wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> There were 6 +1 votes from committers on general@ (And some non binding
> votes on fop-dev)
>
> The vote passes.
>
> Glenn, you have permission to proceed with the switch when you are ready.

Thanks to all for supporting this change. I believe it will enhance our
reporting and tracking activities. I will proceed with the process
recommended at [1].

G.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/general/ApacheBugzillaToJiraMigration

[VOTE RESULTS] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Am 17.04.2012 10:15, schrieb Chris Bowditch:
> We need to have a formal vote to decide if the XML Graphics project and
> all sub projects should switch the bug tracking system from Bugzilla to
> JIRA.

+1

Thanks Glenn for moving this forward.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks Glenn!

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 23/04/2012 08:50, Peter Hancock wrote:
> +1

Hi Peter,

This is a project wide decision, therefore votes will only be counted on
general@ Dev lists CC'd for information only.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Peter Hancock <pe...@gmail.com>.
+1

Fwd: Re: [VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.

--
Pascal

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
On 17/04/2012 09:50, Pascal Sancho wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Pascal,

> +1
> great job, Glenn.

Can you reply on general@ please? I will only count votes on general@
since this is a project level decision.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,

--
Pascal

Re: [VOTE] Switch from Bugzilla to JIRA

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
On 25/04/12 08:38, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> On 24/04/2012 15:34, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
>> I find that Bugzilla Just Works and is easy to use. I don’t really see
>> the need to change as long as it’s available. What support do we need
>> from infra anyway? But as long as I don’t have anything to do...
>
> Hi Vincent,
>
> votes count on general@ only please. This is because it is a project wide
> decision not specific to FOP.

Hmmm. I did reply to the email sent to general@. Was caught by the
reply-to field counter-intuitively set to fop-dev. I suppose that’s what
caught the others too.

Maybe we can send such emails only to general@ next time.

Vincent

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.